1. Backyard games are a great source of fun for the entire family. Most backyard games can be enjoyed by young children as well as adults, and they provide hours of quality recreation in your backyard.
2. Bocce ball is an exciting game in which a ball is bowled. It can be played on a variety of surfaces - a smooth lawn, rough grass, a dirt road or a grassy meadow.
3. Bocce ball was developed into its present form in Italy. It is played around Europe, United States, Canada, and Australia and is steadily gaining in popularity.
4. Horseshoe pitching is another fun outdoor game that your entire family, including children, will enjoy.
5. Horseshoes may be played by one individual for practice or by two or more for sport. Horseshoe courts basically require a level area with two stakes located 30 to 40 feet apart.
6. Badminton is a game played on a court with light long-handled badminton rackets used to volley a shuttlecock over a net.
7. Interesting trivia about badminton is that it was named after the county seat of the duke of Beaufort in Gloucestershire, England, perhaps the region where the outdoor game was first played.
8. Volleyball is a popular sport where teams separated by a high net hit a ball back and forth between the teams.
9. While playing backyard games, be sure to wear clothes that are comfortable and help you stay cool in the sun.
10. The shoes on your feet should be comfortable and have soles that will grip the surface on which you are to stand.
Need backyard games fast? Check out our Quick Ship Shop.